Description of Wahoo Fitness KICKR v5 Smart Bike Trainer
Wahoo Fitness KICKR v5 – The most realistic indoor experience
An almost silent design combined with a 7.2 kg flywheel and AXIS feet make the KICKR the most realistic indoor experience. The KICKR provides all necessary bike data such as speed, distance, power and cadence. The solid construction and high quality components guarantee highest accuracy, stability and durability. With over 2200 watts of resistance and an accuracy of +/- 1%, the KICKR also meets the demands of the world’s most powerful riders.
KICKR Axis feet
The new Axis feet allow the KICKR to move sideways for an even more realistic driving experience. AXIS feet can be adjusted to the rider’s weight by three different attachments, which are included in the delivery.
The automatic calibration provides permanently accurate performance data of +/- 1% accuracy.
Speed, Distance, Power and Cadence
KICKR provides vital cycling metrics including speed, distance and power, while the included RPM Cadence Sensor provides cadence data.
KICKR’s heavy-duty frame and components provide best-in-class precision, stability and durability.
Ready To Ride
Out of the box, KICKR features a preinstalled cassette, convenient carrying handle and quick tire-size height adjustment.
Get The Most Of Your KICKR Training Experience
Ride KICKR along virtual routes and geo-synced videos to experience the most immersive indoor training experience.
KICKR delivers the accuracy and responsiveness needed to take on the most difficult powerbased training sessions.
Controllable via apps like Sufferfest and ELEMNT GPS cycling computer
KICKR provides the accuracy and response needed for the most difficult bufferfest workouts and the steepest climbs on Zwift. You can also control your training with the ELEMNT cycling computers.
Functions of the Wahoo Fitness KICKR v5
- Virtually Silent Operation: the KICKR’s design offers an ultra quiet riding experience.
- Optimized Flywheel: KICKR’s 7.2 kg flywheel was specially engineered to provide riders with a more precise inertia needed to recreate an outdoor ride feel while training indoors.
- Disc Brake Clearance: an update to the main mast ensures clearance for flat mount and disk brake equipped bikes.
- Power Accurancy: +/-1% – enhanced power accuracy to provide accurate power measurement and generate up to 2200W.
- 20% Maximum Grade
- Axis Feet: Adjustable dampened feet react to the driver’s movements, simulating lateral mobility on the road.
- Automatic calibration: The KICKR calibrates itself automatically while riding.
- Direct Connect Port: The KICKR is future-proof thanks to Direct Connect Port and can be integrated into the home network using an optional adapter.
- LED Indicator Lights: visual confirmation that KICKR is powered, connected and transmitting via Bluetooth and/or ANT+.
- ANT+, ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth Connectivity: ANT+ and Bluetooth capabilities allow it to connect to both smartphones and GPS devices simultaneously or separately. An ANT+ FE-C connection allows the KICKR to be controlled from any FE-C enabled device or application.
- Professional Grade Durability: robust steel construction ensures the KICKR stays in place while you crank out the watts and stands up to years of heavy use.
- Controlled resistance: when connected to your device, it automatically sets your resistance via your favorite app or software.
- Realistic ride feel: the KICKR flywheel is innovative and proven technology emulates the power and inertia experienced during outdoor riding. It provides the most realistic ride feel especially when using virtual riding/training platforms like Zwift and Trainer Road.
- Measures speed, distance, power, and cadence: get all your vital cycling metrics on your indoor ride. Cadence only available when paired with a Wahoo RPM Cadence Sensor that is included.
- Third Party App Compatibility: works with popular training apps such as Zwift and TrainerRoad.
- Compatible with KICKR Climb – Indoor Incline Simulator
- Compatible with Headwind – Smart Ventilator
- The KICKR features 12×142 and 12×148 thru axle compatibility in addition to standard 130/135mm quick release.
- Third Party Power Meter Support
Specifications of the Wahoo Fitness KICKR v5
- Dimensions (legs open – LxWxH): 50,8 cm x 71,1 cm x 43,2 cm
- Dimensions (legs closed LxWxH): 50,8 cm x 22,9 cm x 43,2 cm
- Rear Wheel Size:
Road: 24”, 650c, 700c
MTB: 24”, 26”, 650b, 29”
- Hub Compatibility: 130/135 QR and 12×142, 12×148 Thru-Axle (includes adapters and spacers)
- Included Cassette: SRAM/Shimano 11 Speed (11-28)
- Requires New Cassette: 8/9/10 SRAM/Shimano
- Includes RPM Cadence sensor
- Front Wheel Block: Not needed
- Resistance Type: Electromagnetic
- Wireless Software Updates
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, ANT+, FE-C protocol (Fitness Equipment Control)
- Compatible Devices: iOS, Android, Windows, PC (Mac und Windows)
- Max User Weight: 113,5 kg
- Power Requirements: 100-240V~1.5A 50-60 Hz
- Maximum Simulated Grade: 20%
- Maximum Power Output: 2200 W
Wahoo Fitness KICKR v5 – In the Box:
- KICKR v5 Smart Bike Trainer
- AC Power Adapter
- Interchangeable cassette compatible with SRAM/Shimano 11-speed (11-28)
- Quick Release Skewer
- Disc Brake Caliper Spacer
- 1.8 mm Spacer
- Drive Side Adapter for 130 mm and 135 mm Quick Release
- Reversible hub spacer for 130 mm and 135 mm Quick Release
- Drive Side Adapter for 12×142 and 12×148 Thru Axle
- Reversible hub spacer for Thru Axle
Optional accessories for the Wahoo Fitness KICKR v5
- KICKR Climb – Indoor Incline Simulator
- KICKR Desk
- KICKR Headwind – Smart Ventilator
- KICKR Mat – Training Mat
- TICKR Heart rate sensors